View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Footscray wins the Preseason Cup, defeating Hawthorn (17.9 111) to (12.12 84)

We're joint top favorites, with three other teams, to win the premiership (with Footscray, Geelong, and Saint Kilda) at 4/1 odds.

Just like in round 1 of the Preseason Cup, we get the bye, so we do some scouting for future talent. A nice bit is that the scout reports get sent right
to your email bin, with your scouts view of the player: For example (I won't do this for everyone, this is not a copy-paste, but me going back and forth and typing)

Scout Report - Jonathan Broad

Overall: 77
Peak: 96
Position: Ruckman
League: Elite Youth
Club: Western

Jonathan Broad is one of the most talented ruckmen that we've seen in a long time. He is a reasonably athletic ruckman who is extremely clever at reading the play and out-positioning his opponent. He has enough body strength that he is competitive in ruck contests around the ground.

Plays Like: Nic Naitanui (West Coast)

So.. from just a couple paragraphs I can tell a lot about this player.. he's not only good and athletic at going up and controlling the ruck (the ballup situations after a goal, or to restart a game after out of bounds or ball held in tackle), but he is very good at POSITIONING himself to his best advantage.

And as for his ranking, the ruckmen I have in my assistant selected 21 (I see where I went wrong, the Ruck, Ruck Rover and Rover positions weren't on the map to start), two Ruckmen, who are ranked 86 and 79. So this player is nearly good enough already to start.

*sighs* Somehow I think the only way he'll be available for me on the AFL draft is if we're bad enough to get fired anyway :P