View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
Mr.Big_698
n00b

June 21st 2010 - 2:37 pm

Well Mike was right, when I saw who he had brought to our table I was amazed. Paul Westhead the King of “The System” and the only coach to win both an NBA and WNBA championship. He wasn’t a very great player’s coach but he is perfect offset to Dunleavy. There asking price was ridiculous, a combined 5 million dollars between the two, and they even had the gall to call me out on the trade for cap space. I told them I’d make up for it, I just needed a target. After that came a very well thought out attack for a Washington native. They both had a couple of players from around this area, guys like PG Aaron Brooks, PG Rodney Stuckey, F Marvin Williams, SF Terrence Williams, and of course SF Adam Morrison. I frowned because out of all those guys only one would fit into the roster, and I didn’t really have much to offer for him. So well we ate I mulled over my options, produced to prepared contracts, and took down the numbers of there recommended 2nd and 3rd assistants. I was handing my destiny over to Mike. I could only provide the ammunition.

With that thought in mind I made a few calls felt out what they wanted for each guy, and really didn’t come away with much enthusiasm. Other Gm’s knew of my “objectives” and they were going to take advantage of them. I hung up the phone and reviewed what assets I had.

Projected Roster:
PG Chris Paul
SG Darren Collison
SF Peja Stojakovic
PF David West
C Emeka Okafor
6th Marcus Thornton
7th Josh Howard (Unlikely)
8th James Posey

Everyone but CP3 and Okafor are tradable. This is for different reasons really, CP3 is our only chance at getting into the playoffs, and Okafor has a toxic contract. I’ll have to think on what to do, were are still going to be over the cap by 5 million dollars or so after the draft. I might have to pawn off West to the highest bidder with the best savings. It’s probably not the best idea but he is really the only one who I can find value on. I better start looking into the draft, I need some great value at the 11th pick.

June 26th 2010 - 6:01 am

I need to get an early start, it’s time for some one on one interviews and to see the fifteen guys I invited to the workout perform. I look over the list once more as I wait for the official sanctioned day of activity to begin.

Prospects at Workout:

SF Paul George
PF Greg Monroe
SG Avery Bradley
PF Ed Davis
C Solomon Alabi
C Hassan Whiteside
PG Armon Johnson
PF Gani Lawal
SG Landry Fields
SF Stanley Robinson
SF Devin Ebanks
PG Grevis Vasquez
C Demarcus Cousins
SG Eric Bledsoe
SG James Anderson

Honestly I don’t know I invited a couple of the guys. Cousins is far to good to fall to eleven, and I’ve only got two second round picks but most of the people I selected are from that round. The two guys who stood out the most were Monroe and George. I hope that one of them falls to me otherwise I may go after Seattle native Avery Bradley. With the second round picks I’m looking at best player available, which seems to be Soloman Alabi, Gani Lawal, and Stanley Robinson.

After the workouts I make a call to New Jersey, inquiring about Terrence Williams. I don’t get rebuffed, instead they seem open to the prospect saying he has had some issues in the organization. I begin building an offer, quite a large one I might add and submit it to them. I get glowing results.

New Jersey Receives:

SF James Posey
PG Darren Collison
SG Marcus Thornton
2010 2nd Rd. Pick (SEA)

Seattle Receives:

SG Terrence Williams
SG Courtney Lee
PG Keyon Dooling
2010 2nd Rd. Pick (NJ)

Winner: New Jersey

Seattle overpays for a bit of cap space and two solid swingmen. They give up a very good young point guard and a prolific scorer to pawn off the large contract of the still effective Posey.

I may have given up a bit too much, but now I feel a little bit better off. I should have enough cap space cleared and I brought in a native son. Everything is going much better today. In two days the draft starts, and it’ll determine if I sink or swim as an NBA GM.

Last edited by Mr.Big_698 : 05-06-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Mr.Big_698 is offline   Reply With Quote