View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
Mr.Big_698
n00b

June 28th 2010 - 5:17 pm

Well the draft is under way and I’m nervous. I’ve decided it’s George, then Monroe, and if both are gone by the 11th pick then I’ll trade down. The picks continue to roll in. PG John Wall is the first overall pick which I think is a mistake, Cousins should’ve gone as the number one overall. Evan Turner is picked next which is still baffling, considering the Sixers need a solid big man. Finally the Nets pick him at 3rd. There definitely on the rise with Brook Lopez and Cousins in place for the front court. The next two picks are both swingmen Wes Johnson and Al-Farouq Aminu to the T-Wolves and Kings respectively. After that I tune out, listening to a few different offers from teams after David West. Then the 8th pick is called out and it’s Paul George. I begin to panic a little, hoping everyone passes on Greg Monroe. My prays are answered as we send in our card and bring him into the Sonic green sea.

The second round brought me a few gifts, the first being big defensive center Soloman Alabi, the second was a bit of a surprise for everyone. I got a call from Orlando asking us if we would like to make a trade, I became curious and said I’d hear them out. They asked us to select and then trade Devin Ebanks to them for Stanley Robinson who they picked at 29 in the first round. I agree to it and make the trade happen.

Orlando Receives:

SF Devin Ebanks

Seattle Receives:

SF Stanley Robinson

Winner: Draw

Both teams come out with the guy they wanted. Stanley is older and more developed, where Devin is all potential. The big difference is the cost and both GM’s are happy with the trade.

The entire draft passes without too many surprises. I renounce all claims on any free agents and then terminate both Josh Howard and Keyon Dooling’s contracts. I then look at the cap and realize, I may not be able to fill the roster and stay under the cap. Shoot I thought I’d be in the clear. Time to deliberate on what I’m going to do. I stay at the office late reviewing the roster.

Projected Roster
PG Chris Paul
SG Courtney Lee
SF Peja Stojakovic
PF David West
C Emeka Okafor
6th Greg Monroe
7th Terrence Williams
8th Stanley Robinson
9th Soloman Alabi

I need to make some changes and I think that David West may have to go. I need a backup point guard badly, and a few other spare parts. Time to see what’s out there.

Last edited by Mr.Big_698 : 05-06-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Mr.Big_698 is offline   Reply With Quote