View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 10:41 AM   #42
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
CONGRATS! Also it's line's like this one that keep me coming back and reading here "I'd have some more things to say about Shamrock Rovers, but my kids read what Dad writes here."

Thanks, hitcat! It was an exciting ride. Even though I knew we'd have another shot at winning the championship, I was sweating out the last few minutes of the match at Cork City. I didn't want to leave things to the final match.

Thanks for following along. The story has been fun to write, and the fact that all three of my kids are taking at least a passing interest makes it even more enjoyable. My daughter Claire, whose interest in our family history inspired the idea for this story, is really getting into it. I'll occasionally ask her advice about a decision, which she enjoys greatly. She's a de facto member of my backroom team. She fully understands it's a game, but she's approaching it with the enthusiasm of a curious, energetic, bright nearly-twelve-year-old.

Claire is currently "angry" at a (now former) member of Galway United. That story will be told soon enough.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote