View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #131
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
You're not a scientist either but that doesn't stop you from being extremely skeptical of the public claims surrounding climate change

Not exactly. I am extremely skeptical of the solutions being presented when no scientific fact has been established yet. As of right now, we are 99% in agreement that humans *may* have some influence on climate. Outside of the obvious--developing nations are over-populating--we still aren't entirely sure...and I'll grant that we can do something now, but we don't know how much we should throw at it.

To put it in a language you could probably understand better. We know that the Middle East is a problem. We don't know exactly why, but the consensus is that it needs to be fixed. So we throw money at it. We know more would help, but we aren't sure exactly how it helps, how much is needed, or how long we would need to spend it to see positive results. When we threw ungodly amounts of money at it through two wars, we saw some change, but we had to bail because our economy was tanking. The Liberals, aren't interested in a 10-year war against Global Warming...they want every last cent to go towards it indefinitely. We could very well sink our economy chasing after a fantasy (fixing Climate Change)...that's what I'm skeptical about. Not the scientific research that broadly states that "humans are at least somewhat responsible".

Sorry to go off-topic.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-10-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote