View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #445
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
But you are paying for the billions of dollars, unless you dont carry insurance or are lucky enough to be wealthy and pay for everything in cash. Thats the issue. We do pay for it.

That was more of a subtle shot at the need to wean the gov't out of the health care business ... too subtle apparently, probably too abrupt a subject change (but that's where I was heading). Secondarily, it was a also about the need to get insurance back to what it was intended to be in the first place (hint: it shouldn't be for every sniffle)

Quote:
But is life that much more enjoyable when you cant get off the couch and move around easily?

If I never left this f'n room again - assuming the AC, the 360, and the 'net connection all worked, I could probably deal. I could count the number of places I go that are more enjoyable to me than this bat cave & have plenty of fingers left over. And over 95% of my job is done from the same space to boot.

Quote:
But Im just one person. And I might be way off base.

Hey, feel free to apply that to me just as much. I'm just throwing my own perspective into the pile.