View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 06:19 PM   #191
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I finished my first game on Prince and rolled to an easy domination victory. If I was more aggressive, i probably could've won much sooner. At this point, there is a lot of work required. I seem to recall usually playing prince or just one level higher. I'm not an expert by any means.

1. The AI did not expand enough. They had plenty of space for more cities and did not which lead to them falling behind on the tech tree.

2. The AI was well behind on its units. Either the lack of technology from number one or not upgrade. I was late game with infantry and a couple of tanks and the last Civ left had mostly warriors and one random ironclad. The highest level, I think I faced was crossbowman.

I like the new concepts and will try higher levels, but it is still very rough around the edges.

My first victory on Prince was very similar. I expanded in a hurry. Around turn 400, I had the most advanced units in the game and was facing units a couple of eras before mine. I was pursuing a Science victory, but ended up with a Culture victory due to all the Great Artists/Writers/etc. I was pumping out late in the game. I also hit Future Tech around turn 380 or so. I researched a ton of Future Techs while I didn't finish out the Civic stuff until turn 440 or so.

I had fun, but you're correct that it definitely needs some fine tuning.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote