View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

The Citadel (FBCB 2010)

So, House of Cards got me in the mood to play as The Citadel in FBCB. Even better is that the Bulldogs have never made the NCAA tournament. So in Frank Underwood style machinations, I've taken over as the head coach of the The Citadel with a lifetime contract that binds me to the Bulldogs for my entire career. Can't be fired, but can't take job offers elsewhere.

Universe Setup
Year Start: 2015
Earliest Turn Pro: Junior year (Since there's no way of splitting it in between Recruits or 3 years, but not freshman and sophomore)
Conference Movement: None
NCAA Tournament and NIT enabled, bottom two tournaments disabled
Transfers: Must Redshirt
Refuse Redshirt: No

Izulde Jestor
All 0 points in coaching categories (Might as well start off at the complete bottom, right?)
Alma Mater: Park, Racine, WI
College alma mater: UNLV

The Citadel has a starting prestige of 18
Recommended Coaching Salary Total: $119,400

As it turns out, our initial staff ends up being two alumni of Virginia schools (Hampton and Liberty) and an alumnus of the College of Charleston, so it's apparent we're going to be recruiting heavily in the South (if that even affects anything - I don't know if it does).

...Ouch. We're going to stink this year, so I'm just going to recruit and speed through the season. I'll also let the AD set the schedule.

Recruiting
When a team starts off this bad, I look first at 3* prospects who have High initial interest in the squad and go from there. With 4 scholarships in hand, we have 7 players who fit the bill, most of whom are quite small for their position, as you might expect.

That's down to 5 after the first month. All of them are Red to start off, but 2 are Red/Green, and 1 is Red/Blue, so those three are going to get the heavy recruitment treatment, and we'll hold off on the 4th scholarship for now.

Target #1 - PF Anthony Holmberg - 6'10, 207 - R/G
R.B. Stall High School - South Carolina All-State
2.42 GPA - 990 SAT
Schools Considering: Citadel, South Carolina State, Coastal Carolina, Winthrop, Appalachian State

Target #2 - SF Herschel Deberry - 6'5, 209 - R/B
Ware County High School - Georgia All-State
2.75 GPA - 940 SAT
Schools Considering: Citadel, Florida, Jacksonville, Clemson, Mercer

Target #3 - SG Earle Vega - 6'2, 180 - R/G
Andrew Jackson High School - South Carolina All-State
2.57 GPA - 930 SAT
Schools Considering: Citadel, Presbyterian, Davidson, Georgia State

Next Month
1. Antony Holmberg - We're still his #1, but Coastal Carolina has also offered a scholarship. South Carolina State is #3, College of Charleston is a new #4 for a potential in-city fight, and Winthrop is hanging around at #5.

2. Herschel Deberry - Still #1, but South Florida, Florida, and South Carolina are still on his list, and Troy has jumped up to #5 with a scholarship offer.

3. Earle Vega - Still #1, and only Presbyterian and the new entry of Jacksonville are on his list.

I see Mr. Basketball Georgia Duane Jenkins has no offers yet, and he's averaged 29.9 points a game for Mays High School, so we immediately go and full press him.

Next Month
SG Duane Jenkins - 6'3, 177 - O/B
Yeah... we have to get this guy. Nevermind his 2.36 GPA and 940 SAT. He'll become our best player right off the bat. Thankfully, we're his #1 choice due to being the only school that's offered him, so the full court press continues.

As for our other players...

1. Antony Holmberg - It's down to us and Coastal Carolina

2. Herschel Deberry - South Carolina's offered him, so they jump to #1, but I'm hoping they'll lay off. Troy has moved up to #4, with South Florida and Florida occupying the other spots.

3. Earle Vega - It's us and Jacksonville, but with no offer from the Dolphins.

Next Month
No surprise, but Herschel Deberry commits to the Gamecocks. Meanwhile, we do land Earle Vega.

And the other pursuits?

1. Antony Holmberg - No changes here.

2. Duane Jenkins - Still no other offers, but the other four schools on his list are Davidson, Georgia State, Alabama, and UNC-Charlotte.

Our next offer is 6'11, 231 lbs Australian center Andrew Peters, who has interest from Villanova, but no offers.

The season starts now, but first, let's take a look at our commitment.

To be honest, I had him rated as the least important of our recruits, but it's still a 3* player making his way to Charleston.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote