View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm shocked when Dino Archer says thanks, but no thanks to our offer. Bro, you're going to a 7 prestige school. 7! But in the next breath, I learn why you never say no as long as you're still in the chase after the campus visit.

That's right.

That awkward moment when you realized you only won because the other two schools pulled their offers, so you can't count it as a recruiting victory. Damn. Oh well, still makes the two highest ranked players we've landed in my short time here.

Since we can't rely on Richard Rameriz to stay eligible, we pursue Tennessee All-State PG Norris Hicks. Make up your own joke about Tennessee Hicks. Plays at Richland High School and is a 3* prospect with no offers. Currently on the board - Pittsburgh, Michigan State, Maryland, Kansas, and Louisville.

Game 5: @ South Florida
New record for most points surrendered at 96. We score 98... psyche! 68. 13 points, 6 rebounds Antony Holmberg, and Bobby Henry adds 14 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks.

Game 6: @Virginia
39-97 L. Evidently our AD wants to see if we can give up 100 at some point this year. 10 points, 6 rebounds, a steal from Bobby Henry, but he has to chuck 4 of 15 shots to get there.

Game 7: @ Akron
Think we can keep the trend going and give up 98 points to a 1-5 Zips squad? Nope, but the losing streak stays alive, 44-56. 12 points, 11 rebounds and a block from Antony Holmberg and 14 points, 8 rebounds out of Bobby Henry are a big fat nothing. Reed Dryden is Yellow/Blue, but he's shooting 32.8% from the floor as the team's 6th man.

Game 8: vs Tulsa
60-89 drop. Foul trouble holds both Antony Holmberg and Andrew Peters to 0 points. Nice work by Bobby Henry with 14 points, a block, and a steal. Colin Ogden does what he can in relief, scoring 17 points with 7 rebounds and 2 steals. Some bench scrub scores 13 for us as well.

Game 9: @ Gardner-Webb
Remember when we were 1-1 to start the year? Yeah, I can't either. No memory restored here, as we fall 46-71. Let's just point out the whole team was lousy and move on.

Game 10: vs Drexel
Oh so damned close. 76-79, and I'm wondering if we really are in any better shape than the first year. Antony Holmberg and Andrew Peters have 100% matching 10 point, 7 rebound lines (bar Peters adding on a steal), and Bobby Henry erupts for 25 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. I feel like if the kid could just be consistent, he'd be our biggest star.

Game 11: vs Wofford
Our first SoCon game of the year, and it's a 47-58 loss. 14 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals from Bobby Henry and 13 points, 7 rebounds out of Antony Holmberg, but both were horridly inefficient in getting there.

Game 12: @UNC-Greensboro
The Spartans have had as rough a year as we have (2-9), but they did win their first conference game. I don't know what the hell happened here, but we set a new high in points scored with 85, while allowing just 57. Daaamn. Walk-on Jerry Parteneau makes a last-ditch effort to keep his job with 21 points on 8/11 shooting alongside a block and 3 steals. Bobby Henry and Earle Vega each pick up a block to go with their respective 13 and 14 points, and Andrew Peters nabs 6 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks. Off the bench is Colin Ogden with 9 points and 10 rebounds.

Why can't we play like that every game?!

Good news: Richard Rameriz is off academic suspension.

Bad news: Norris Hicks goes to Virginia. Since it was a one month pursuing, it doesn't count for the stats. It does mean our options are getting rather thin, however. We'll still be looking for a point guard with our last remaining scholarship.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote