View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 11:27 PM   #35
Izulde
Head Coach

Prince Hampson
We've got competition now. George Washington has also offered a scholarship, though we remain in the lead. Behind are Florida and Seton Hall, and a third offer from Sam Houston State. So hopefully we can pull this out.

Game 20: vs UNC-Greensboro
61-64 loss. I'm about to consider changing our coaching staff next year. 17 points, 7 rebounds from Antony Holmberg, 10 points by Bobby Henry, and an appropriate 13 points, 13 rebounds from Colin "Bad Luck" Ogden.

Game 21: @ Georgia Southern
54-89 shellacking, and we now need to win out to reach .500 in SoCon. 11 points by Bobby Henry and 12 points from Colin Ogden, who I'm giving serious thought to cutting.

Game 22: vs Furman
At least it takes a shorter time frame now. 72-63 win, buoyed by 18 points each from Antony Holmberg and Bobby Henry, Holmberg making it a double with 10 boards.

Game 23: @ College of Charleston
It's going to be fitting when our rivals knock us out of .500 hopes completely. And they do, 78-86. God, how damned frustrating it is to see Antony Holmberg's college career go down like this - 26 points, 6 rebounds, with aid from Trent Buckley's 18 points. Bobby Henry goes 4 of 12 for 11 points, and I'm glaring.

Game 24: vs Western Carolina
66-58 win and maybe we can salvage something respectable yet. 21 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks by man of the night Antony Holmberg, and a rare 12 point, 6 rebound night by Andrew Peters. There's Ivan Pugh with 10 bench points, too.

Game 25: vs Samford
We lock up our second straight 10 win season, 79-70, on the back of Andrew Peters' 12 points, 15 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal. Antony Holmberg adds 19 points, 6 rebounds, and Trent Buckley scores 17.

Game 26: vs #25 Davidson
Yep. Finally a SoCon team in the Top 25. 82-90 loss, but at least we were competitive. Duane Jenkins drops 20 points, 11 rebounds on us, and I'm just glad he's a senior so I don't have to watch this again. We never did beat his Wildcats. Trent Buckley goes off for 22 points and 2 steals, and Antony Holmberg does his thing with 15 points before fouling out. Bobby Henry chucks for 4 of 14 before fouling out with 11 points and 7 assists, which is a Citadel school record, and shows how bad we are at passing.

Game 27: @ UT-Chattanooga
At this point, I just want one more damned conference win to have the second most Southern Conference wins. Not here. 81-86. Sigh. A goose egg in scoring from Andrew Peters (0 for 7) doesn't help, though it was fun to see Bobby Henry fly around for 22 points and 13 rebounds. 13 points for Earle Vega, and 18 points by Antony Holmberg. And of course Colin Ogden scores 11 bench points.

Game 28: vs Elon
FML. 79-84 loss and that was our best shot at 6 conference wins. Fittingly, it's February 29th. 18, 10, 13 points for Earle Vega, Trent Buckley, and Richard Rameriz right in a row. And guess who has 11 bench rebounds? That's right. Colin @#$%@#$@ Ogden.

Prince Hampson takes George Washington's offer.

Lifetime Recruiting Battles
Akron: 0-1
Cincinnati: 0-1
College of Charleston: 1-0
Coastal Carolina: 2-0
Davidson: 0-1
George Washington: 0-1
Georgia: 0-1
Maryland Eastern-Shore: 0-1
New Orleans: 0-1
South Carolina: 0-1
UNC-Greensboro: 1-0
VCU: 0-1
Villanova: 0-1
Western Kentucky: 0-1
Winthrop: 0-1

And there's no one left to throw a quick scholarship at either, so we'll roll one over to the transfer period, where once again we won't find anyone.

Game 29: vs North Dakota State
I want to cry. That last game was our last conference match of the year, and we're in last place with 5 conference wins. I'm so damned sorry, seniors, by whom I really mean Antony Holmberg. We lose 101-104, and some PilotMan goes absolutely nuts in the stands. What a fucking brilliant last home game by Antony Holmberg with 17 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks and 3 steals, earning a place in the Citadel record books for most blocks in a game. Oh yeah, we also finally break 100 points scored and we still lose.

Other performances of note: Andrew Peters with 10 points, 10 rebounds, Bobby Henry costing us the game AGAIN on a 4 for 15 night with 13 boards, Trent Buckley with 13 points and 6 assists, and... wait for it... wait for it... Colin Bleeping Ogden with 19 points, 10 rebounds, 3 steals off the bench.

Southern Conference 1st round: vs UNC-Greensboro (5 seed)
Dimwit that I am, I think I just realized that *every* postseason game is considered an away game. No miracles here. Just a bitter, heart-ripping 78-82 loss.

I'll do the recap later. Too bummed to right now.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote