View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 12:13 AM   #118
molson
General Manager

I accomplished a long-time goal of mine to get involved with senior dog fostering. In fact, in post #26 of this thread from way back in 2011, I posted a photo of my new dog at the time and stated my then-goal of pairing him with an older dog eventually. 9 years later, he's a young senior himself and doing great, and I've finally paired him with Lola, a 12-ish year old foster from a local rescue group I've been volunteering with since close to their inception. (we also did have my girlfriend's parents' senior greyhound living with us for a while until she passed away last year)

She's been on quite the journey to get here. She was in a high-kill LA shelter a few years ago, and has bounced around some fosters and failed adopters. One called her an "emotional vampire." Yes, she's a little needy, which is understandable, but she's already getting more confident and comfortable with the routine here on day 2. She's very happy to be here - it's tough to get a good photo of her awake because he's either active or asleep, no middle ground. That's her closer to the camera as Lucy looks on skeptically.

Last edited by molson : 02-14-2020 at 12:22 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote