View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #150
QuikSand
lolzcat

Chesapeake (3-3) at Davis (1-5)

Road game, but one we need to win, for obvious reasons. Boner still in at QB, we intend to be on the attack all game long.

Code:
RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE

Regrettably, I have no boxscore to post. I neglected to pick up the file right after the “live” sim, and a mid-stage file has since replaced the one that contained the box scores.

It may be for the better, anyway – we once again manage to lose to the dreaded “fourth quarter comeback” and watch our substantial early lead chipped away and eclipsed in the final moments of the game. Two weeks in a row, we fall apart down the stretch and choke away a big game.

Davis 23, Chesapeake 20.

As for this season – I think we’re done. We travel to 6-1 Wheeling next, and they are a far superior team to us. We sit at 3-4 on the year, and while that nominally has us still ion the wild card hunt, our team looks awful and I don’t see much reason to get excited looking forward.

We’ll get Harry Ross back in at QB next week, but he hasn’t made a real difference in the offense. We simply don’t have any real talent at the skill positions, and with our offensive style, that is suicide. Losing WR Mark Jackson took away our best talent at WR, and we have never really had a legitimate threat at RB in this team’s history. The defense is playing pretty well, but certainly not well enough to carry our anemic defense on its back.

Not too promising.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote