View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #13
Dutch
"Dutch"

From what I remember, how the players come to be in TCY was fairly irrelevant to my gameplay experience. As long as it's fast and I don't have to wait for splines to reticulate, I'm happy.

I would love to see new recruiting classes that mirrored real-life recruiting classes with relevant/realistic distribution among top high schools. But I don't think simming high school games or keeping track of their weekly record, stats, or even the schlubs that won't make it to college is neccessary to make that so.

Ultimately, what is important to the gameplay is the end result of those high school years. How do I analyze the prospects? If stats are weighted, let me see that. Green bars, red bars, workouts, what school did they play at. What position did they play. What other positions can I play him at? Is he smart/dumb? How close to my school is he? Can I fight to keep my blue-chip Mississippi prospects from going and playing ball in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia? That's what's important and that's probably where I would suggest recruitment development time should remain focused.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote