View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
NiteMaestro
High School JV

I have an idea... Use the MBTI, and that would be rather straightforward, with our scouts being able to see 'aspects' of those scores. I.E., Personality strength could be an expression of Introvert vs. Extrovert. Wants Winner could be competitiveness, or greed, or some combination of both.
Make it so they have a set 'personality' that can fluctuate depending on situations but remains largely the same, but that is hidden in the 'personality' we're given.
So someone may have a high leadership, but is it because he's a 'strong silent' type? Is he a yeller? Is he cerebral?
That would be something to be subtly revealed in the emails via little quips like "Player X spent alot of time in the film room this week" (which may allude to him being cerebral, or him being competitive).

Also, it may be interesting to look into coach/scout personalities and their impact on things as well. Or possibly to consider individual grudges or idols. I.E., a rookie QB may not have great combines or whatever, but if a scout sees he idolizes your old starter, it may be worth picking him up as the older QB's skills may 'rub off' on the young guy. Or something like that...

Then so you don't "get rid" of the zodiac thing, consider making it random... For example, two guys personality wise 'should' get along, but due to zodiac (and a random low % roll) they can't stand each other. They may warm up over time, but for some 'strange' reason, they just don't click. Or perhaps a volatile player suddenly finds everything working out just fine with a new QB. They're personalities should clash horrifically, but due to some zodiac intervention (and another low % dice roll) they get along like brothers...

Make sense what I'm getting at?

Use the zodiac as a 'random modifier' of sorts, to cause just enough inconsistency that personality, affinity, and conflict aren't a 100% given.
NiteMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote