View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #305
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I am sure that as I speak the great lords of the land are meeting in councils, plotting and pondering how to risk the emnity of a house by being seen to be the first to break ranks and accuse someone. I have no such compunctions and am prepared to sacrifice myself and make my vote as my conscience tells me. The fact that my vote counts for less than that of a convicted smuggler or foreign witch is a source of vexation to me. But I shall use it as I choose fit and hope that others recognise the sense of what I am saying.

Vote Melisandre/Bulletsponge

Can there be any real doubt that a heretical witch from across the seas can be anything BUT an enemy of the realm. Nobody knows what foul powers she commands and this is the reason she should be declared a traitor.

Convicting the witch will hopefully open Stannis' eyes to his folly before he slips further down the slope to heresy. He will have to execute the witch and renounce her foreign god or declare himself wholly in the Red Priestess' dominion by pardoning her. And conseqently losing whatever small respect he has among the people of the realm. To release her would risk her powers falling into the hands of another King, a risk I am sure that Stannis will not allow.

Furthermore if the red witch chooses to flee from Stannis before he can bring his judgement upon her this will leave her alone and unable to fight off whichever King chooses to capture her. Of course, I am certain, that none of the other noble houses would wish to embrace such a heretical sorceress and make use of her dark powers, despite the obvious temptation to do so. Clearly everyone in the realm (saving a few misguided heretics) will feel safer if the uncertain powers of the witch are removed from the shores of Westeros for good.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote