View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #35
Radii
Head Coach

Still trying to figure out the best way to write this up (full game reports for all 46 games seems too much, and the constant pauses to write seems to detract from my play), but with nothing to play for the rest of the year and not much money for now it seems very clear that we just need to blast through the season and see what happens going into next year.

Results since the last match:

Feb 14th: Stevenage 1 : 0 Exeter

Feb 21st: Newport 1 : 1 Exeter

Feb 24th: Dagenham 1 : 0 Exeter

Feb 28th: Exeter 0 : 3 Northampton

March 3rd: Luton 0 : 0 Exeter

March 7th: Cheltenham 0 : 2 Exeter

For anyone counting, and I assure you I am, that ended a 13 match streak without a win.

March 14th: Wycombe 0 : 1 Exeter

March 21st: Mansfield 4 : 2 Exeter

With 5 goals in our last 3 matches hopefully we've remembered how to score.

With 39 played, we are 10-14-15, 41 goals scored/51 allowed, 44 poins. We're in 18th. There's no league below this so we can't relegate, but I do desparately want to avoid the bottom few spots anyway. It seems we ought to be able to do that.

Armstrong has scored a couple in this run to get out of his slump, but he's fallen off the pace of the league leaders. Armstrong has 17 league goals, good for 4th in League 2. The leader has 22, followed by a guy with 20, then 18.

Garmston leads us with 6 assists, which is good for 8th in the league. The leader has 10. I've been able to use Garmston's speed well in our last few games, maybe I've finally figured that out too.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote