View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #410
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Time to get back to this

Our team looks ready and the announcers think Everett is going to have a big game.

Chey Noel will be a tough matchup for Everett.

Up 8-2 at the 15 minute mark with Hannan doing all of our early scoring.

We are up 16-13 at the 10 minute mark. My starters get a break. Hannan has 14 points so far.

Tied at 24 with 4 minutes to go when I get my starters back into the game.

At the half, we are up 32-26. They are shooting much better overall, but we are 8 of 14 from the arc with Hannan, Graves, and Everett all contributing from outside the arc.

Hannan with 14 points at the half is the player of the half. He also has 1 assist.

Up 46-44 with 12 minutes to go and my starters are tired.

Up 53-50 with 6:30 to go as I get my starters back in for the stretch run except for Simon who needs a rest now

Up 59-58 with 1:28 to go and Graves draws a foul in the lane. He hits both FT's. The crowd is going crazy.

Everett with a steal, but Graves misses an open 3. They get a fastbreak and we have to foul. They make both FT's to make it 61-60.

We work it down to 3 and Everett shots a 16 footer which he misses.

14 seconds left... they work it down the court.. a 14 foot jumper with Hannan in the man's face with 3 seconds left.. it clanks off the rim! Cornette with the board as time expires

We win 61-60.

Hannan was the player of the game even though he had a cold 2nd half. He finioshed with 18 points, 2 assists, and a board. He shot 5 of 13, 4 of 10, and 4 of 4.

Graves had 16 points, 1 board, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 5 of 10.

Everett had 4 points, 7 assists, and 3 steals.

Cornette had 5 points, 10 boards, and a block which is exactly what Simon had.

Collins led the bench with 7 points and Bowers had 5.

Our next game is a non-conference game against 20th ranked St. Louis. They have a significant talent advantage over us. They are 6-2 on the year so far.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote