View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #422
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

They have been shooting very well early in the game. They are up 22-19 at the 10 minute mark.

We got caught up in trying to outrun them for the next 10 minutes.. and it didn't work well. We are down 52-42 at the half.

Hannan lead our team with 8. 3 guys have 6.

We both keep running.. I've got them in foul trouble, so I'm trying to push that by getting them into more. We are down 73-63 with 11 minutes to go as I bring in our subs.

Our bench extends our defense to guard better against the 3 where they are killing us.. With 6:10 to go, Collins makes a 3 to tie it at 81.

With 5:10 to go, Clifford hits a FT to put us ahead by 1, 82-81.

We bring back our starters and keep up the pressure defensively.

After they hit a basket to take the lead, Hannan misses a slam dunk

However, Everett steals it from their PG and breaks away for a big slam dunk!

They take the lead back 85-84. 2 missed baskets on either side, before Cornette hits a baseline jumper to put us ahead 86-85 with 52 seconds left. Hannan made the assist to set him up.

They miss a 3 with 28 seconds left and Simon gets the board but is immediately fouled.

Simon is a poor FT shooter, but he makes the first! And the 2nd! 88-85.

Everett steals the ball again and they foul him. He hits both FT's.

They attempt a quick 3 which they miss and Hannan gets the board. He hits both FT's to finish it off.

92-85 win.

Hannan is the player of the game with 15 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals.

He shot 4 of 10, 1 of 3, and 6 of 6.

Everett with 12 points, 2 assists, and 4 steals. He shot 3 of 7.

Graves with 10 points, 2 assist, 1 board, and 1 steal. He shot 2 of 4 and 6 of 6 from the line.

Cornette with 11 points, 3 vboards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block.

Simon with 12 points, 9 boards, and a block.

Clifford had 9 points off the bench along with 3 boards.

Waters had 7 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals.

I've decided to tone down the steal slider success slightly.

Despite the loss, we remain in the media poll. We are now 19th. We dropped out of the coaches' poll.

Our next game is our last non-conference game and it is against Chicago State. They have a team overall rating of 59! Ours is now 83. I think I'll go ahead and sim that game...

Wow. In our simulated game, we beat them 118-51! That is the most lopsided score I've ever seen. Most of my starters only played about 20 minutes.

Everett finished with 18 points, 3 boards, and 4 assists.

Graves had 26 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 9 of 14.

Hannan had 12 points, 4 assists, and 2 boards. He shot 4 of 14.

ornette had 12 points, 4 boards, and 1 block.

Simon had 8 points, 6 board, and a block in just 12 minutes.

Ortiz led the bench with 16 points, Collins had 13, and Waters had 10 points along with 8 assists.

Our next game is at a weak Saint Peter's squad that is 9-10.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote