View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #482
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

They sail back to the same place, V32. We are getting close to an island to the north. We sail north to V33. No monsters. This is supposedly Spider Isle. We can land or keep sailing. I choose to land. I turn to E6.

We encounter a wandering monster on Spider isle – a Cyclops. A 54 hp giant with one eye. It sees us land and starts throwing boulders. One misses Alzar (cloak). He is bout 150 feet away and it will take two rounds of running to get to him. A rock crashes into Aleigha and she takes 9. Another rock nails Alzar for 17. The Cyclops picks up a giant club and battle ensues.

Alzar crits it for 23 damage. Aleigha hits for 7. It crushes Estaish for 9 damage. It wins init and misses Est. Alzar swings twice, hits once for 18 damage. Est misses, Ale misses, Carum crits it for 5 damage. They in init and Alzar kills it.

XP – 1000 each

A search reveals 1875 gold. We choose to explore the island. We turn to E21. We harvest 3 rations from the fruit on the island. An ancient building surrounded by eight standing and crumbling pillars is in the center of the island, and the roof of it is shaped like a spider. This is the Lost Temple of the Aranea.

+3 rations

They head down to investigate. The temple is just a few rooms, all abandoned. The rest have been destroyed, and numerous searches find nothing more. They leave and return to the Sea Ghost.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote