View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #485
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The tunnels are strange to Alzar. They feel different magically, and perhaps spells will work differently in here. The rope is dropped and no one else descends. Alzar sends Megala up to investigate but the seal is placed back on before he can get there!

With no other options, Alzar picks up the dropped torch and looks around. There are exits from this small room in all four directions. With no real way to choose, he goes left. The corridor branches but he sees another room ahead so he keeps going.

He enters the intersection and sees a Taurian made of shiny black obsidian. It turns, raises its axe, and then intones a riddle:

“You may see across my width
Though my beginning and end may be leagues apart
I am forever moving
But you will always see me in the same spot.
What am I?”

My rule for this is if I can guess it, Alzar can too. The sky is my early answer. You can see across it, its beginning and end are far apart, it moves but always is in the same place. Let’s go with that.

The answer is a river. The bullman-golem moves to attack.

Alzar wins init and cuts into it for 14 damage. It swings an axe back and misses automatically. Alzar wins init. He crits it for 25 damage and kills it. A quick investigation shows nothing but obsidian. Alzar can go forward, backward, left or right. He sees a room to his left and walks to it, passing a corridor to the right He can only see about 20 feet with a grey mist settling in the maze.

XP - 1200

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote