View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #493
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nothing else is in here. A cave in and it looks recent, and there is a carrion crawler munching on some mushrooms. It moves to attack alzar, all 8 tentacles miss, it attacks again and cannot paralyze him, and attacks a third time, no paralysis, and just leaves him and his zombies alone and he moves on. He takes a side corridor and it is another cave in with fallen rocks and timbers. He sees some harmless snakes and move son

This is a 4 way intersection with a pool with grey stones in the middle, filled with clear blue water. Alzar skips it and goes left. Empty except for the bodies of two wild boars. The other way, right, has the ruins of a trophy room. There are heads of wild creatures in various stages of decay. A pair of decaying deer heads start talking to themselves about Alzar’s sudden appearance. Alzar asks the way out, and they don’t know, very few people pass by in the past hundred years or so. He continues on. He arrives in a corridor guard by a well made rock crystal statue carved into the shape of a sis’sharr. It starts to move and Alzar orders the zombies to attack it. It kills the wounded zombie. The other two swing and one hits for 5 damage. It hits twice for 6 damage on a zombie, and Alzar orders them back and grabs his axe and moves in. Alzar wins init and misses it (rolled a 2). It misses him back. He hits once for 13. It dies.

XP – 150

Alzar has just two zombies left one has taken 6.

He walks down a long passageway which finally terminates at a circular room. There is a dais with a cool blue light. On the lowest step is a another creature identical to the one just beaten Alzar moves forward. He wins init and deals 13. It shatters. Alzar investigates and it does nothing, just looks pretty, so he goes back and takes a side tunnel

XP – 150

A side room has several skeletons on the floor of a chamber with a yellow fungus. Alzar moves in and investigates. He uses an Oil Flask to kill the yellow mold. He searches and finds nothing of value and continues. He arrives at a golem room:

My head more high than any cloud
My roots more deep than any tree
My size more great than any beast
I stand proud for all to see
What am I

My guess is a mountain. True! They pass a side passage to a room with glints of gold among the remains of ruined and old rope. He investigates. There is a rat pack here with many members, and Blastbones kills them all and Alzar animates 8 of them.

8 animal skeletons
Jeweled Helm – 3000 gp

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote