View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #113
Radii
Head Coach

--Millwall in League 1 fires their head coach. According to the press I am the top candidate for the job. First time that's happened. I release a statement to the press indicating I have no interest in leaving Woking.

-- Mike Williams, Harry Arter and Zoltan Harsanyi are named in the league's team of the week.

Oct 24th, 2012

Barrow(7-2-7, 12th) @ Woking(9-4-3, 3rd)

We are 4:6 favorites at home today. We're 2-1-1 against Barrow in our history, winning at home and losing on the road last year.

Harsanyi draws some attention from the opposition, with their coach stating in the Barrow press conference that Harsanyi must be contained if Barrow have any hope of any points.

Harsanyi doesn't like the attention, "Many experts feel that Zoltan Harsanyi plays at his best when not faced by the glare of the media spotlight."

Starting today:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Fenton/Ricketts
MC: O'Sullivan/Arter
AM: Sloma/McLaggon
ST: Harsanyi/Subotic

Subotic will likely only play a half, but I wanted him back in.

11': A corner is taken short, cleared, crossed back in... Fenton with a header, off the bar! But they can't clear, Fenton recovers it, passes to Harsanyi, he lays it to Subotic, Subotic shoots, GOAL! 1-0 That ball stayed in their penalty area forever without a clearance.

28': 63/37 possession, 6 shots to 1, we're dominating everything, need a second goal.

30': Right after I type that they get two through balls into the area, Lynch with one great save, a tackle on the second one by Fenton.

39': Nikolaou recovers a ball deep in our own end. A long ball forward, Harsanyi sprints... outruns the defense, a great first touch gets the ball into the area, Harsanyi beats the only defender with a chance to the ball and hits it far post into the net! 2-0

45': WHOA. They commit a foul about 30-32 yards out. Sloma steps up to the free kick, bends it around the wall and it goes into the left side of the net!!!! Amazing strike. 3-0

HALF: Domination. Keep it up.

68': Nothing at all happening this half. Main, Ademola, Pulis in. Subotic, McLaggon, O'Sullivan out.

Boring boring boring.

Woking 3 : 0 Barrow

Nikolaou with an assist and great tackling in the back earns him an 8.7 rating and man of the match. Goals come from Harsanyi (7.9, also an assist), Sloma (7.8) and Subotic (7.2). The other assist is from O'Sullivan(7.8). Other noteworthy ratings: Lynch (7.4), Ricketts (7.6), Fenton(7.4), Williams (7.4).

That was a makeup game from last week. Even once again in matches played, we remain in 3rd, 3 points behind Cambridge, 2 points behind Crawley in the standings.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote