View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #138
Radii
Head Coach

FA Trophy Semifinal Draw

The draw for the semis is made before the quarters are played it would seem. If we win today we will host the winner of Alfreton and Accrington.

February 23rd, 2013

FA Trophy 4th Round

Woking @ Cheltenham

Cheltenham are 4:5 favorites at home, we're 3-1 dogs. We're 2-3-0 lifetime against them with a 2:2 draw at our place back in November. They currently sit in 14th place in the BS Premier.

More short rest, more lineup changes:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Williams/Thomas/Fenton/Nikolaou
MC: O'Sullivan/Arter
AM: Sloma/McLaggon
ST: Harsanyi/Cousins

I continue the tradition of starting Cousins for the FA Trophy.

3': Defender Terry Clarke with a yellow naer the penalty area. We can't do anything with the free kick though.

21': O'Sullivan cuts into the area and takes a pass after a throwin, he fires a hard shot that just hits the crossbar and goes over.

23': A strong attack by cheltenham, they get a clear cut chance as a man beats Fenton, Lynch makes the save though and turns it back and we clear out the corner.

25': Corner for us, taken short to Thomas, he gets a shot off but the keeper is right there.

36': They get a decent attack, a couple corners and such but can't threaten seriously. After a throwin we get an interception and quick long ball that Harsanyi gets to first, but he's not that far ahead of his man... the defense gets a step back in front to deflect his shot.

42': O'Sullivan and Sloma work a give and go that gets O'Sullivan forward and breaks down the defense a bit, Harsanyi in a good position... good save by the keeper.

43': Another breakaway, cousins with a very nice touch pass ahead to Harsanyi on a counter, the defense does just enough to force him a bit wide, and the Keeper is able ot make the save.

46': O'Sullivan is hurt... has to come out immediately. Terrible sign for us. Herd is in.

48': We concede a corner, they take a good one and a header is just over the bar.

HALF: No score, we've dominated possession 62/38 but the shots are about even and Cheltenham have managed to attack well.

53': Midfielder Emery with a yellow for a tackle on Arter.

57': Arter with a nice ball forward into the arae from about 40 yards out, McLaggon runs onto it and puts it in.... but just offsides... CLOSE, I was not sure if it would stand or not.

65': Bennett in for Sloma, Miquel in for Fenton, both exhausted.

70': Mike Williams a yellow.

74': Harsanyi gets behind the defense and runs into the area... another great save made by the keeper as Harsanyi is forced just slightly left and the keeper can take a good angle to make the stop.

84': One of those games... Nikolaou is hurt, and I'm out of subs. He cannot continue, so I drop to a 3-4-3 formation for the rest of it.

Cheltenham 0 : 0 Woking

Their keeper is man of the match. Nikolaou(7.2), Williams (7.1) play well for us. Sloma had a poor match.

Injury Update

Stelios Nikolaou will miss 4 weeks with a thigh strain.

Joe O'Sullivan hurts a knee and is out for 2 months.

Pretty devastating match there.

I call up two reserves, D RL James Oliver-Pearce and ML Josh Coke. Pulis is actually not terrible at DR. Herd and Fenton can play it but are very awkward there.

I'm more comfortable with Josh Coke than with Oliver-Pearce, so my plan is to have Pulis or Herd play DR most of the time, use Sloma to cover MC, and Coke will back up Bennett at AML, trying to keep Oliver-Pearce off the field unless necessary.

We have a replay at home against Cheltenham in 4 days.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote