View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #143
Radii
Head Coach

March 16th, 2013

FA Trophy Semifinal First Leg

Accrington @ Woking

Accrington is 7th in the BS Premier right now. We're 1-1-1 lifetime against them, winning on the road.

Today's lineup:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Miquel/Williams/Thomas/Fenton
MC: Arter/Herd
AM: Coke/McLaggon
ST: Harsanyi/Cousins

Nikolaou and Anane are approaching readiness again which will help out a ton for our final few games in april. For now though we're still very thin on defense. Pulis gets the day off today, he needs it.

20': We are in control early on, 63/37 possession, 6 shots to 1, nothing seriously threatening but we are keeping the pressure on.

40': After a very boring 20 minutes i'm shocked awake here... Arter to Cousins, Cousins runs a short ways before firing a shot from 25 yards out that the keeper dives for but cannot stop. It looked like another boring long shot but holy crap what a beauty of a strike!! 1-0

HALF: We take 9 shots, 7 of them are long ones though. The only reason I hadn't changed my instructions to work the ball into the box was because Harsanyi is more than capable of putting one in... then Cousins does it from a range i didn't realize he had. 63/37 possession, we've allowed 3 shots now, just one on target.

50': Arter shrugs off a tackle after a throwin, runs into the left side of the area, fires a hard shot but right at the keeper, its blocked and we can't get to the rebound.

63': Herd picks up a yellow.

69': Oliver-Paerce and Sloma in, Fenton(at DR) and Herd out.

93': a long pass from Arter to cousins from midfield. cousins takes a shot from 15 yards out, its deflected, but falls to McLaggon who puts it easily into the net, that'll seal it! 2-0

Woking 2 : 0 Accrington

Arter earns man of the match today, he's credited with both assists(no idea why he got it for the second goal?), 8.7 rating.

Cousins with a goal(7.8) and McLaggon with a goal (7.4). the defense was strong today too. Miquel (7.6), Thomas (7.4) and Williams(7.4) hold things very nicely in the back.

That last minute goal is huge heading into the second leg of the semis. I believe we have a league match coming up before that second leg though.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote