View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Rawhide
High School Varsity

A Footballing Life (FM13)

With Football Manager 13 having the option of simulating games, it seems a perfect opportunity for me to again pick up the figurative pen and jot down another dynasty.

31-year old Charlie Madison is the new manager of Truro City, a semi-professional side in the Blue Square Bet South league, the sixth level of English football.

Truro are the tiniest of minnows, with a semi-professional squad and a small stadium. We're only expected to finish 22nd, which would see us relegated to goodness knows where.

Not much to see in regards to our squad. We have just one goalkeeper, who is out of contract. I try to give him a one-year deal, and have been handicapped by the board who bawk at his proposed $230 per game deal. The maximum they can afford is $30 per game, barely enough to a coke and a kit kat. He says bollocks to that.

I visit the boardroom, cap in hand, to try and raise more money for the squad. They're all sitting on their collective hands.

This will be a fun season.
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.

Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote