View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #61
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
My guess is that it's 100% of your endurance as a percent. So a 98 endurance set to 100% would put your guy on the field 98% of the time. Or maybe something else. Math makes my head hurt.

I believe that's pretty accurate. If your starter has 98 endurance and is set to play 100% of the time, each and every play there's a 2% chance that he'll be off the field. If he's got 60 endurance, each and every play there's a 40% chance that he'll be off the field. Remember, there used to be a bug in this calculation that you could take advantage of by putting your best RB in the #2 slot and, even with no endurance, he would get most of the plays because the algorithm only calculated the chance of the starter playing based on his endurance and playing time.

I know Jim plugged that loophole, so it _might_ be something like:

Starter: 100% * 80 endurance = 80% chance
Backup: 85 endurance = 85% chance

Then there's probably some sort of a weight to determine what percentage is applied to each player, which in the above case I would imagine that the starter's chance will get pulled down below 80%.

The flaw in logic is the assumption that the endurance is kept track of through the game where a player gets worn down, like Madden. This is NOT how it works. I'm pretty sure there's a Q&A with Jim that talks about this.
jdavidbakr is offline   Reply With Quote