View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 12:35 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yay! I now have half of Wales and England has half of Wales so no one can claim the throne!

Now, what do I want to spend that cash on? I head to my captial of Thomond where I am making 3.91/month and levies of 419.

I cannot upgrade Tax Offices to level 2 since I don’t have Windmill tech or the 725 it costs.

I need 500 cash for Tradeport level 4 which will increase our taxes from 0.7 to 0.9 and then dev growth from +15 to +20. I can wait for that.

I could others like Outpost level 2 to make my guys better in war and increase taxes by 0.1 from 0.1 to 0.2 for 150. Or Hide Tents to level 2 to make my stationed army better and then better levies but no cash boosts for 150.

Let’s wait for Tradeport #4

26 Nov – Duke Tadg II of Connacht passes of old age.

Duke Murchad
– Age 5, in a regency, Catholic, Irish, we’ll look at him when he comes to age.

Who is my new Martial? The best is the 15 of Duke Luloch II. I appoint him. Relations rise to +71

7 Dec – Event -The Sermon – The Archbishop gave a great sermon today. Nuala keeps the trait Ambitious.

24 Dec – Duke Pojborn arrives to renew his fealty, and we agree and get the normal stuff like Renown and cash and 100 prestige!

I now am back over 2k prestige.

Let’s turn to reforming Irish culture!

As a reminder, we have one open tradition spot to lean into. These can cost 2k prestige for lower level stuff, 5k prestige for mid-tier stuff or 7k for better stuff. They’ll all take 14 years to establish.

What 2k do I like here? Here are the ones that are feasible:

Astute Diplomats – We cannot attack Allies or with peace treaties, but we get +50 to forming alliances, +10 in white peace. +1 languages learnable.

Hill Dwellers – Hill Farms get bonuses, better Hunt chance success in Hills, dev growth in Hills +20%, -10% building cost in them

Wetlanders
– Wetland Farms get bonuses, increased Hunt success there, +25% Dev growth there, -15% building cost in them, +10 leveies there

Remember the last two are for Irish holdings of those types, not Welsh or Gaelic.

We have a lot of Wetlands including my captial of Thomond, and next door in Ennis all three, and then all three in Athlone and then none in Ossory which is all Plains. I have one Hills in Thomond. For example, other places have lots of Wetlands like Ui Mhaine’s all three Baronies next door. Most of Connacht are Wetlands on this side of Ireland.

So, I am pulling out Hill Dwellers. Wetlanders or Astute Diplomats that helps me build alliances diplomatically? I like both here. We live and die by alliances. But I could use boosts in most of my and local holdings in the area of West and Central Ireland. Let’s swap in Wetlanders.

See you in 14 years with the results!

10 Feb, 1120 – I get a letter from one of my new vassals in our language that they learned and send them my congrats, and raise relations +20.

5 Mar – At the ripe old age of 60, my Antiquarian passes, none are average or better to replace him, but I hire the poor Blanche for the role who made one of my artifacts

1 May – With 552 I pay 500 to increase my Tradeport to level 4 – see you in 21 months!

27 July – My Antiquarian Blanche wants to seduce me. I turn her down diplomatically and gain 40 stress again

11 Sept – Our Sway Scheme works, next is Countess Forblaith

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote