View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 11:29 PM   #754
tarcone
Coordinator

I will add mine. I forgot about this thread. But I will add my moment, even though it happened last Fall.

My Freshman daughter is on the Varsity Cross Country team. She placed 7th in conference. Kind of disappointing. Had a bad day. wasnt expecting her to win. But was thinking 3rd. But it was okay. The team won conference and she was all-conference.

Districts was a week later. Here is is where it gets crazy. A couple nights before districts, I had a dream about her running in districts. I told her about the dream the next morning. Now, you may think I had her winning districts. But thats not how the dream went. I dreamed she had to fight to get 13th place. Strange number to finish at. And the fact that she had to race at the end to get it.
The top 15 go to state. So why 13th? Strange.

Districts were upon us. Its a good course to watch the race. Lots of spots that arent to far apart to see them. When I saw her the first time, at about the one mile marker, she was 17th. I encouraged to get going.
Im not one to chase around the track, so I went up to the finish area and waited. Here they come. I start counting. 1,2,3........10, 11,12. Here comes my daught with 2 other girls with her. Its a race at the end. And what place? She took 13th. Got all district. But 13th, just like I dreamed about.

She got to go to state. And finished 104th.

I am really at a loss. But I have started paying more attention to my dreams.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote