View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #774
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I now have permission to share this news, so ... Will has accepted an invitation to attend the honors college at the University of Mississippi starting next fall.

They've weaved their way from contender to frontrunner to final answer, to a question that he started asking himself seriously some seven years ago. I privately predicted Ole Miss several years ago, outside of his earshot, saying that if he ever visited that'd be his choice. While it's nice to be right, the reason I'm happy with the decision is that it's HIS decision. He's done his due diligence, he's set priorities, he's evaluated the options, he's done the work. Visits, meetings, interviews, the whole nine yards, at a variety of schools from the Mississippi River to nigh on the Atlantic Ocean.

While other schools remained in the running for quite a while, I knew things were all but settled when, over dinner in Oxford, he looked at us and said "I can't explain it but this just feels like ... home". And as far as I'm concerned, that's how it should be, I couldn't have asked him to make any other decision.

‪#‎HottyToddy‬