View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 10:03 PM   #777
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Awesome. Congrats. You going to be visiting Oxford often? It's a bit far for him to come home on weekends, I'm sure.

Yeah, with the distance & all I suspect we might see him once or twice during the first semester before Christmas at most. And that's in part due to grandparents on both sides insisting on seeing Oxford sometime sooner than later (tho that could happen over the summer)

One quirky advantage is that his relatively small HS (basically 100ish in each senior class) will have {counts} I think it's 5 or 6 alums there next fall. They mostly get along pretty well so they might get back here a little more often since they can split up driving duties when they come back.

He's actually driving over there tomorrow -- first time doing that solo. Pre-rush parties for fraternities are getting into gear & so he'll actually be there (instead of, you know, HERE) for his 18th birthday on Saturday.

Not that such a scenario could make a parent feel REALLY old or anything.

And, lest I sound like the world's worst parent or something ... once he arrives tomorrow night he's under the wing of one of those local alums I mentioned. He's got his back (I believe) and should keep things from getting too out of hand.