View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 09:27 AM   #796
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just to illustrate how long parenting stress will continue, I'll share this little story.

Guess who's college Honors student -- who had only missed one class his entire first semester -- managed to sleep through his first final of the week?
Yep, and I don't mean by a little bit. I mean slept through it as in woke up after it was over.

So after his panic stricken phone call ("the only thing I can compare the feeling to was my car accident") and our advice to throw himself on the mercy of the court, we spend an hour worrying.

Worrying about the impact on his GPA ... which could get him kicked out of not only the Honors program but also wipe out most of his scholarships. About having an oversleep -- which, you have to admit, happens to most of us at some point in our lives -- cost him pretty much everything he's worked the majority of his life for. About the financial ramifications. About pretty much everything.

An hour later, and a terrified meeting with an understanding professor (who even had advice for how he should handle things the next time he sleeps through an exam) ... re-take is scheduled for later today, no grade penalty attached.

But you wanna talk about a fun 60-90 minutes? Yeah.