View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 06:27 PM   #10
condors
College Starter

We are nearing the trading deadline i place Brashear on waviers since Fedurok is healthy again i also decied to see if anyone wants Amonte or Stevens as i want to get some younger guys playing time.

We seem to have 4th place locked up we are 13 points behind the Devils in our divison for the #1,2 or 3 spot and 13 points ahead of the Penguins who are in 5th place.

I was trying to work out a deal for the Thrashers or Wild #1 pick to get in the Crosby lottery but the Rangers seem to have the edge for the worst team in the conferance.

Gagne was named to the Eastern All star team, He also won offensive player of the month and thanked my contributions (he has a long bright future).

Radivojevic is 2nd on the team in points but a long way behind Gagne. This team is about defense and Gagne. If Gagne gets hurt i am very curious as to what would happen to our team. Gagne is also leading the NHL in points (that is a little surprising i guess if he plays with a couple guys who are told to pass him the puck and are not seen as top line guys it inflates his stats a little).

I honestly can't wait for Jeff Carter and Mike Richards to join the team next season. They were both first round picks. I think Carter is our future #1 center. With Sharp, Cibak, Hanzus, and Umberger it will give me some tough decsions and real top line talent.

The future on the wings is up for grabs. I have a bunch of ok guys but outside of Gagne i don't have a stud. Radviojevic is ok but Fedurok Green Kalio, Keefe Somik and Divisek aren't household names. Getting some wingers will be a top choices in the draft.

Defense we are set. I have a bunch of guys i am comfertable with although i honestly only have 4 top 4 defenders i have 6 guys i could throw out in the 5th and 6th spot and not miss a beat. I am glad i didn't move Johnsson or Markov now although if i get offered a 1st round pick they are gone.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote