View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 05:49 PM   #29
condors
College Starter

Well it seems i am ranked 6th in the NHL

The board wants a cup (they are kidding right?)

Roster Review Goalies

Robert Esche 28 years old not rated in the top 10 although was 8th last year. He is our guy and i like him.

Roman Malek 28 years old. Possible starter for some teams. Will deal him if there is interest.

Jason O'brien 24 years old nothing special would only play in case of injury until i could get a legit keeper.

Shane Connelly 19 years old drafted in the 8th round i doubt he will be anything but a body.

May be hard to land a top notch goalie where i am drafting if the first two drafts are any indicator. Growing concerns for the future.

Defensemen:

Kim Johnsson and Daniel Markov are the first pairing they are both 30 years old but are solid defensemen. Not a weakness on them.

Joni Pitakenan 23 years old. He looks to be our future #1 guy. Alot of teams try to trade for him but he isn't going anywhere.

Brad Ferance 27 years old plays alongside Joni and does what is asked of him. Solid night after night. Not a star but solid.

Dennis Seidenberg 25 years old. On our third line is another guy we get trade offers for but i like him way too much to trade him.

Randy Jones 25 years old. I expected him to be relegated to the Phantoms by now but he outplays all of his competition.

For depth we have John Erskine(26) and Kurt Sauer(25) who were picked up a couple wavier drafts ago.

With the Phantoms i have two guys who i feel could step right in and contribute. Alexander Picard can play both sides and i got a couple trade offers for him but he is only 21 the former 3rd round pick i like him better than Erskine and Sauer but was unable to unseat Jones in camp so is back with the Phantoms to play everyday. The other guy Chris Zarb 21 years old who was a 5th round pick and can also play both sides.

Are 9th defenseman is Jussi Timmonon 23 years old who plays on the left side if i have to play him i am in serious trouble and if i have to go past him i would probally be able to do better with a free agent.

Our top line is Simon Gagne (our lone star reputation player) Martin Cibak and Radivojevic they play well together so i am not breaking them up.

the 2nd line is Tomi Kallio, Jeff Carter, and RJ Umberger (i am hoping these guys can give us the boost we need to get over the hump)

the 3rd line is Fedurok Sharp and Corey Perry. Sharp and Fedurok have been solid the first 2 seasons and Perry may end up on one of the top lines.

the 4th line seems to be a revolving door every season. The only surefire guy is center Mike Richards the left wing is 26 year old Matt Murley i am not in love with him but he is a body. The right winger is Shaun Sutter 26 year old who seems to be ok but nothing special.

Just a note curretly Kallio is out for 3 months and Perry is out for 2 months. I am giving draft picks from 2005 2nd rounder Colton Yellow Horn and 3rd rounder Tom Mannio a shot. I would have the first rounder but my roster was full (mostly crap guys that were on the phantoms so i released some guys but now he isn't coming to the team until next season) They will play on the 4th line and see what shakes out. I have some guys on the Phantoms but i am partial to guys that i drafted and didn't inherit.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote