View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #33
condors
College Starter

With a logjam at the defense postions as i feel Chris Zarb and Picard either need to play or traded as both have teams interested in them. I work out a package deal with Pittsburg. Kallio, Zubov, and Johnsson for their #1 pick in next years draft. All 3 are now 30 years old and in the last year of their contract. Johnsson and Zubov wanted 4+ million each and 5+ million each when they would be 35. I don't want those contracts. I thought about keeping Johnsson but Zubov and Kallio (who both seem to get unhappy quickly) wasn't getting me much of anything. I also unloaded Erskine (defenseman i picked up in the wavier draft) for a 2nd round pick (i would have taken a 3rd and been happy). Having 2 older goalies worried me as well. I traded Malek to the Panthers for a 2nd round pick. That will give me 5 picks in the first 2 rounds of next years draft. Also Esche is 29 is the oldest player Fedurok is 28 and Brad Ferrance is also 28. So we have a pretty young team as well still.

Jeff O'brien moves up to be our backup goalie he isn't very good but won't play too much.

Our defensive pairings are currently pitakanen and picard, seidenberg and zarb then jones and ferrance with sauer and freddy myer ready to come off the bench to give some a rest.

our forward lines are:
gagne, cibak and umberger (cibak and umberger don't look special but play much better with gagne then anywhere else so i either play them here or bench them so far i am playing them here)

Geoffrion(1st round pick in 06) carter perry (i really like this line)
Fedurok Sharp Radivojevic (3rd line checking line)
Latendresse (1st round pick in 05) Richards and Shaun Sutter thinking about moving sutter to the checking line
condors is offline   Reply With Quote