Thread: Selling a house
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

The first place I offered on, my gut told me to pull out, so I did. This was one that I was initially going to bid on, but they had an accepted offer. So I'm #2. In the time since me, they've had more offers be accepted and go through, even after cutting the price $11k. They're currently on something like contingent offer #5. No doubt a frustrating process for them.

Place I have now, I made an offer at list price and it was accepted. Home inspection turned up some issues, so we asked for $10k in repairs credit based on findings. They countered with $5k and weren't going to budge. I took it.

Then near close, they say they don't have the $5k in repairs to offer, but will do $5k lower on the selling price instead. I still get the $5k *and* slightly lower monthly payment plus significantly lower total interest? Sure, sign me up!

So despite some snares along the way (the mortgage final approval process was a bitch), the actual sale itself went smoothly. My realtor told me afterwards the listing agent and the sellers were both very happy about how the process went. We both had reasonable give and take.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote