View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 05:38 PM   #181
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I was reading that earlier and this is totally on ESPN. Their love affair with IMG is well documented and they are ultimately responsible for this.

Quite frankly this whole super school thing is ridiculous, but that is another rant. Bottom line is putting a school that overmatched, coming off a game 2 days prior is a dereliction of due diligence, kids are in a position to have been seriously hurt and yes some of that lies directly on the Bishop Sycamore HC too, clout chasing an ESPN national game instead of looking out for his kids.

Actually (per USA Today, tho I've seen it reported elsewhere earlier too)
Quote:
Bishop Sycamore has multiple matchups against powerhouses remaining in 2021, with opponents including Duncanville (Texas), St. Edward (Ohio) and DeMatha Catholic (Maryland).

Presumably all of those are not ESPN games so that doesn't seem to be the motivation for the scam underway there.

This seems much more likely to be a story that isn't unique -- damned if I can recall whether it was espn or someone else who covered it -- something akin to this made the news in the past few years, where a school that wasn't really a school overscheduled itself tremendously, eventually going bust IIRC.