View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #4018
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

My comments are from an outsider following along. So it could very well be that I just wasn't aware of some things that either villagers or wolves knew to make it appear a certain way to me.

For the most part too much felt pre-destined to me. I don't mean that it was pre-scripted or was always going to happen a specific way, but so much happened that seemed confusing to me without answers that it left me at some points trying to understand what type of impact that both sides were having. I think if I had been playing in that case, it would have led to a case of helplessness or just apathy on my part instead of what I think Anxiety was trying to do by giving decisions or actions for people to make.

I was confused a great deal of the time, trying to understand what impact the missions had, how it all tied together and what triggered various events (including the game changing end of game event). I think I probably would have enjoyed it a bunch more if from the beginning that I understood this was more of a strategy WW game where you had the stages that led to a big final fight, and the people you won from missions would help you there, as well as the camps which you converted would add to your manpower total. Then it would have spelled out more to me what each phase was and what impact the various choices had. Instead for me it felt more like everyone was on a whirlwind tour that no one had any idea where the ship was going.

On the good side, I like how Anxiety always gets into his games, he runs them on subject matter that not only he knows but he really enjoys. You can always tell that he puts the extra effort into his games and often you can even learn something from them. That is something that I wish more GMs did (some do already of course).

Anyways, I don't intend on being too harsh in my comments, just was trying to give an outsider's perspective, but like I said being an outsider part of my not having any clue what was going on might have been due to lack of receiving information that others in game had been getting.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote