View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 12:57 AM   #116
Radii
Head Coach

November 6th, 2012

Woking(10-5-3, 3rd) @ Forest Green(9-6-3, 5th)

Forest Green are very slim favorites today, 6:4 to our 13:8. We're 1-0-1 against them, two seasons ago in the BS Premier when they were relegated. They've earned their way back up and are obviously doing extremely well.

Lots of lineup changes on short rest again today:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Fenton/Anane
MC: O'Sullivan/Arter
AM: Sloma/Ademola
ST: Harsanyi/Main

We'll open defensive today.

1': We start with possession but lose it quickly. Two passes and they generate a clear cut strike from 10 yards away, beating Lynch... well then. 0-1

20': We generate our first shot, its a tough one from Harsanyi 18 yards out, its just barely over though.

32': Defender Mike Brown picks up a yellow for a trip on Ademola.

42': We earn 5 corners and keep the ball in their area FOREVEr over the course of two attacks... cannot generate more than a couple shots that are blocked though.

HALF: They take 6 shots, put 3 on target, the one clear cut strike etc. We've got 5 shots, just one long shot on target. I turned the attack up in the final 10 minutes to try to get a tying goal, it didn't work but we dominated play.

52': Curtis Main is hurt going for a header... he could stay in but I dunno if he'll be effective.

54': Anane with a pass from the midfield up to main. Main turns and beats one man, gets into the box and places a beautiful shot into the net!! 1-1 So much for being hurt.

64': O'Sullivan plays a long ball from behind midfield, Main is the first one to get to it and he takes a couple steps, aims, and beats the keeper!! 2-1

64': Sloma and O'Sullivan out, Bennett and Herd in.

80': Some good play by Forest Green, they get into the area and threaten a couple times on corners, some very scary deflections, but we get in to clear every time.

92': Lynch moves out of position on a deep cross, they earn a clear cut chance as an attacker has a free chance to head the ball in, but he puts it over.

Forest Green 1 : 2 Woking

After falling behind 37 seconds in, we do a very nice job of keeping our composure and pulling out a road win. This is a big one against a team currently in playoff contention.

Main is man of the match, 8.8 rating and 2 goals, both after picking up a bit of an injury.

Assists from O'Sullivan (7.3) and Anane (6.9). Mike Williams (7.3) stands out as well.

Sloma (5.6) and Harsanyi (5.8) play poorly. I tell Harsanyi I'm not happy with his play in the postgame and may well sit him a match.

Injury Update

Curtis Main suffered a thigh strain today, he was ok until he rested I suppose... now he's done for 4 weeks.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote