View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #105
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
One app to rule them all. One app...

Seriously...wow. I was doing some more research on GPS accuracy with the iPhone and started to run across review after review of iSmoothRun that raved about it. I bought it early this morning. Recorded my calisthenics/core workout with it this morning, and just did a run with it. Based on what I read, I didn't bother turning off wifi or cellular. The GPS said 5.01. iSmoothRun said 5.07. I'll take that.

And yeah, better audio cues than RunKeeper or Polar Beat (which had been my top two for audio.) Crazy easy automated export to Strava, Runkeeper, MapMyRun, Nike+, and more. (Just hit "save and export" when the run is over, and it's there.)

Subby, as far as the teams, is that just something informal, or is there a place at Strava where it's being measured?

Yeah i love the app, i just use it for running and set it to auto export to runkeeper and strava.

The audio cues are helping me a lot to keep my rhythm. I set the distance i want to run and the time it should take me, and as stupid as it sounds, the voice telling me to run faster when i slow down motivates me a lot.

As far as my personal goals, I set one months ago when i started running again about running 10k before May 15th, my top distance so far is 8k, will repeat 8k tomorrow Sunday, then next week a fast 4k, medium 6k and an slow 10k before the 15th to beat it.

I'm pretty confident i can make it running slow, at 7min per k, so 77min total, that is a bad time but something i have not done since i was 18... almost 20 years ago.

Then the next goal will be for a few months, to run those 10k in under 55 min, starting to train with intervals, and maybe will set a long term goal (1 year) to end a half marathon.

After the struggling first months of pain in my knees (i'm still 10 pounds overweight), being sore and so tired, etc, I'm so addicted now, to the point that when i have nothing to do i enjoy planning my next week of runs etc. the pain is gone, and i have no soreness the next day so i'm also thinking on running 4 or 5 times per week instead of my current 3.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote