View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #115
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I offer GK Sandro for a loan. Even with him and Meza out, I currently have…26 players on my Senior squad. That includes some youthers (Pedro Santos, Quaresma) as well as backups and rotational folks (Costa, Diogo, Cunha) and new signees without spots yet (Frimpong, Villasanti) and rotational development folks I had last year (Salinas, Taylor, Dudka, Dobias, Neacsu, etc).

The best way to manage my senior squad might be to loan out the occasional Diogo or Neacsu to clear out some dead weight.

Nacional could run this big of a squad because they had such great players you could run a few youthers in there and still win, and they had tons more games. We don’t.

So I head into “free agency” with one agenda. Is there anyone out there that is so good I have to sign him?

Yup, but he won’t sign with me. Mexican stud Striker Javier Hernandez is free. But that’s it.

Nope. Nothing.

I check out youthers from Paraguay, Ghana and Holland.

I get am increase to coaches after I ask for some.

I offer a coaching gig to South Korean Seol Ki-Hyeon

I get an offer for Pedro Quaresma. I stall it for a week.

Meanwhile, I brought in a janky 19 year old dutch youth guy for little money. Teun van der Vlugt. I put him on our loan list for later.See also 18 year old Ghanian Bayan Kwofie – moved to the youth squad. AS well as 18 year old GK Juan Carlos Gomez, Paraguayan.

Our Korean coach arrives.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote