View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #265
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I wonder if this will be substantiated in any way or if this is ISIS claiming responsibility for Hurricanes killing Americans.

I am not sure if it actually means anything to the school shooting discussion. and we will probably have to wait for the official statement from the Republic of Florida but.

https://www.adl.org/blog/florida-whi...r-nikolas-cruz

Quote:
And if little Tommy's parents allow this access then imprison them and charge them with the murders themselves. If you make the adults who should have bred in the first place accountable for the actions of their offspring they never parented maybe it would provide the motivation to make them care about Little Tommy' actions.

I can get behind this idea.

Quote:
I honestly dont have fully developed thought of a solution. Just that punishment as a whole needs to be more of a deterrent.

I'm fine with gun crimes carrying a much stiffer penalty.

But I'm not a lawyer, Im not sure how to write legislation that is simultaneously a major deterrent and also not susceptible to misapplication.

I'll have to think on this some and respond later.

In short I am all for much, much tougher punishments for definite criminals.

Let's be honest. We don't have a very good history in our country with writing legislation that is simultaneously a major deterrent and also not susceptible to misapplication. As long as we have the good, we have pretty much gone along with the bad and the absurd. I don't think that you will get much disagreement with tougher punishments for definite criminals though. What is done on the front end to mitigate/eliminate these type of massacres is the issue for me.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote