View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #84
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Betsy Dunbar Meet @ Ga Tech

The twins will be competing in the Betsy Dunbar Long Course Meet this Sunday (6/3). We were unable to attend the first day of the meet because I was stuck in a D.R. test. Brett will not be competing. He was given permission, and he even registered to swim, but because his new team won't be present, and his new coach isn't there to provide guidance he will skip this meet...

Bailey

200 Free- Seed Time 3:00.78
I am going to be very interested to see this swim by Bailey. Her free in the summer meet on Thursday looked exceptional...with her reaching further and getting a good early grab on the water. This could translate into a very good swim if she can maintain that form over the entire race. (Note: I believe the seed time is actually a conversion from short course and not an actual long coures result)

100 Back - Seed Time 1:42.07
Bailey has always been pretty strong on back in the middle of the pool and with long course there is a lot of middle...with her improved finish on Thursday maybe she'll trust her counts into the walls more and significantly improve on her seed time. (Note: I believe the seed time is actually a conversion from short course and not an actual long coures result)

50 Free - Seed Time 39.39
Like the 200 Free, Bailey could improve significantly here if she can maintain the great from she had on Thursday...really excited about the potential here...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

200 Free- Seed Time 3:00.78
No this isn't a cut and paste error....the seed time for Bear is the same as Bailey's. Bear's free has been stedily improving with his strong level of effort in practice. I don't expect a big improvement here... (Note: I believe the seed time is actually a conversion from short course and not an actual long coures result)

50 Breast - Seed Time 54.24
This is still Bear's weakest stroke, but he gotten much better. Not sure what to expect. If I had to guess I'd say a slight improvement.

50 Free - Seed Time 40.56
Bear has looked exceptional in his free for a while and the speed is starting to come. He has posted some good times in the short summer sprints...and endurance really hasn't been an issue for him in the past. I'm expecting good things here as well...(fingers crossed)

Last edited by Breeze : 06-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote