View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 02:13 AM   #4525
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So we wrapped up S1 of the Fallout series on Prime tonight with the last two episodes.

I'm mostly where I was when I commented after E1 & E2: it's good, with a lot of outstanding tiny reference points, but it's short of great.

Maximus (aka the Wish version of Finn) is such a weak link, as is most of the Brotherhood of Steel story arc (including the elder/Dooku). The Ghoul is played with excellence, though his pre-war character is a little cringey once or twice. And Lucy (aka Amata 2, for the gamers out there) is a weirdly okay character that's developing.

I'm not walking away before S2 but at the same time there are MAJOR seeming canonical issues (vs established game lore) raised by a few things in S1.

The most glaring involves the date of "the fall of Shady Sands" on the chalkboard vs the events of Fallout:New Vegas (with specific game dialogue presenting some real problems with that date). They're gonna have to write their butts off to sort that out without breaking some canon.

It's not awful (yet), it's fun to see a lot of the things, and certain parts have tremendous value in how right they feel. But the canonical breaks, those could topple it for me at some point unless they pull a rabbit out of ... an uncomfortable orifice for both them AND the rabbit.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-16-2024 at 02:13 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote