View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 10:52 PM   #7
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

May 1, 2019

I like this calendar page, which keeps me on top of what Aidan will be doing over the course of the year.

The Recruiting Calendar is a very good feature. Recruiting is a complicated process, and it's good to have a big picture of what actions Aidan can take during the recruiting season. I've always loved this feature of college sports simulations, so I'm looking forward to recruiting very much.

Today, Aidan got an email ranking each Division I program's recruiting classes. Ours was ranked #89, which looks like it's the best in the Ivy League! Apparently I need to recalibrate my expectations about what a good recruiting class looks like at this level.

He also received information about our budget for the season. This budget is used to pay for two things: the salaries of Aidan's three assistants and recruiting costs.

I checked this information about the other seven Ivies. We have the biggest budget, but we also spend the most on our assistant coaches' salaries. So, our recruiting budget is approximately average for our league.

Incidentally, Virginia is spending so much on their assistant coaches that they have less money left to recruit with than we do!

It's also time to purchase scouting reports. Here's what this screen looks like:

I didn't figure we were going to be attracting players from outside our Atlantic East area. I was tempted to splurge on a Gold Report, but since this is my first season, I had no idea how much money I'd need to save for the actual recruiting process--calling recruits, bringing them to campus, watching them play, and visiting them at home. So, I clicked "AI Suggest," and went with its recommendation. I'll be keeping things basic and sticking close to home.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote