View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 11:50 PM   #9
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

June 26, 2019

The recruiting season begins today!

Aidan can offer five scholarships this year. The five senior scholarship players on this season's roster are a PG, a SG, a SF, and two PFs. However, the roster is heavy on big men, so I might recruit a fourth perimeter player instead of two fours.

Here is a screen that shows the recruits who rate Yes (+++) or Some (++) in terms of their interest in playing for Princeton.

Michael Lockwood, a point guard from Maple Shade, NJ, is the only player who's expressing definite interest in our program right now. His national ranking isn't great, but it's similar to at least one of our incoming freshmen. I like his 4.0 GPA, and his stats indicate an ability to distribute the ball.

Here's what Lockwood's player screen looks like.

Right now, Aidan doesn't know much about what kind of player Michael is, besides some stats he could look up online. There are several things he can to to begin recruiting Michael and learn more about him. Aidan will add Michael to his call list, which will cost $5. Placing him on Princeton's watch list costs nothing. I'm going to take both these actions. I wonder what I'll learn about Michael and his family from our conversation?

I can have Aidan watch 10 players' film each week. Each of these sessions costs $20. I could invite Hammond to campus this week, at a cost of $125; I can host three recruits this week. I think I'll watch Hammond's film first, and if I like what I see, I'll bring him to Princeton.

Donnie Brown is the highest-ranked player who is expressing interest in Princeton right now. He's a bruising power forward from West Virginia. If he's as good as his ranking indicates, he'd be a huge get for us.

I'll recruit him, too, and see if we can get him to fall in love with the idea of playing for us.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote