View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #356
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I just don't understand how intelligent people go into this kind of simplistic single-factor tunnel. Who calls Trump a 'Christian icon'? Seriously just look at what the evangelical leaders who support him have said. I'm still looking for one who didn't say 'Trump's an ass but it's about the policy but not the person' in some form or another.

This idea that they supported Trump because they like the sexual deviancy, adultery, celebrity etc - what basis is there for it?

The Trump Prophecy - Wikipedia

A third of Americans believe that God chose Trump.

About a third of Americans say Trump’s election was God’s will | Pew Research Center

I could cite a billion links like these but here's a couple that took me 5 seconds:

Fulfillment of prophecy? Yes, some evangelicals really do believe Trump is the "chosen one" | Salon.com

Paula White Talks God Raising Up Trump, Christian Remnant on Jim Bakker Show - The Christian Post

Pat Robertson: Trump will win, followed by war on Israel and the end of times - Israel News - Haaretz.com

Minister Prophesies Trump Comeback, Says 'God Hates' Biden Support of Equality Act, Abortion Rights

‘Prophecy voters’ forming core of Trump’s evangelical base | ReligionWatch | An Online Publication of Baylor Institute for Studies of Religion

He is a literal Christian icon and prophet to these people, sent by god to lead us

Edit: They're not voting for him because he's a liberal sexual pro-choice deviant (now successfully playing a fictional character of a conservative presidential figure), they're voting for him despite those things because they believe he is a prophet sent from God to restore the Christian white man's position in America before the end times. When you're chosen by god to lead, it doesn't matter as much if you have a decades-long public stance of being pro-choice and pro-gay marriage, etc.

Last edited by molson : 11-19-2020 at 03:30 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote