View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #316
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Yeah, if Spring Training were normal, maybe we have this conversation. But even then, it's weird to see guys go deep into games in April and that kindof makes a lot of sense

SI

I don't think you need all the caveats. I feel like perfect games, no hitters and even complete games are barely worthy of a 'meh' in 2022. As silly as we all know it to be, an alert and/or post of "something is brewing in Dodgers v. Twins game" would have at least garnered a cursory look in. I did not give it a second look when the alert popped up yesterday.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote