View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #329
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm around, but not sure what direction to go today. When that happens, I try to analyze the game from a rules perspective.

So I've been trying to figure out the purpose of night 0 to see if it could lead to any clues about gameplay.

One possibility that I have seen used in other games was a 'recruitment' period where the leader of the wolves was able to pick out the players to join his side to fill out the wolf team. The problem with this in this game is that I am sure balance is difficult enough already and Hoops and BK would want to control what roles are on what side. Since all roles went out prior to night 0, I think this possibility is highly unlikely.

Other reasons to have a night 0 (and a long one at that) is just to allow pre-game actions or communications between players. I didn't have any action or PM ability during night 0, so I'm just making assumptions, but that is the only thing that makes sense.

So maybe it is a combination of the two. Maybe the Conspiracy team does have a conversion capability, and it began during night 0. This does fall in line with the TV show, I believe as some of the good guys were "turned" to the bad side during the run of the show.

Thoughts?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote