View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 10:07 PM   #1234
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alzar stops. The figure in the back moves forward.

“We are the old ones who came before you and set the rules you follow. You have disappointed us by falling. You cannot move forward until you remember who you are, and only ones like Pax, who was always focused on mortals, have left to join us.

Normally, in a time like then, when a mortal has distinguished themselves in such a way, they would be rewarded. Alzar, what would you want?”

“I’d want the timeline reversed, much as it was after Alphaks caused the big issue”

“Normally, the immortals would have done that themselves already. But I agree that they have lost their way. I think part of it is that a temporal reversal acts as a brake. An immortal is able to get away with worse behavior because they can be found out and reserved. Nothing is permanent. Thus I am removing temporal reversal as a tool”

“What else would you ask instead”

“I would ask that you resurrect all of the people who died in the war then.”

“I don’t disagree with that basic request. There are some things and deaths that happened that were natural, such as the plague that struck northern Brun, that was natural, and it’s spread was too. And those that operated in their sphere are deemed appropriate. Azantoetcl, for example, is the lead entropic worshipped by the Orcs of Thar, and merely had Thar move up his timetable, but he was already moving to attack Darokin and Glantri. Those deaths to that flank of the conflict was natural and a part of what Azantoetcl would be expected to so.

However, the rest is reversed. I have made the continent of Alphatia the largest floating island in the Hollow World. The people are moved there. I have restored those that died to the meteor strike. Also, take Alfheim. Rafiel directly sickened the trees there so his shadow elves would move in, ousting the elves. That is a direct action, and while I do not want to punish the shadow elves, neither do I want punish the elves. I am restoring the lives of the elves who fell, as well as making the taint of the woods work against the shadow elves as well, thus potentially requiring them to move back home or elsewhere.

I am also removing the knowledge of the surface people about the Hollow World and ending that move to colonization.”

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote