View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 10:16 PM   #1235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

“I will be leaving soon, and I won’t be coming back. Alzar, before I go, I need to set up an immortal leader who leads all five spheres and can hold immortals responsible for violating actions, who will be above the political fray, remember the key points of working for mortals, and helping the immortals and Pandius to rise once more. I want you to take on that role. You finished all five paths but are not yet an immortal. You are uniquely qualified for the role. However, I do want to warn you that I would be forced to change your alignment to Lawful Neutral to remove the appearance of bias, as well as remove you from your realm in Pandius. You could no longer rule or be involved, as you might otherwise wish to do.”

“Will you serve as the Immortal Leader?”

“I will humbly accept this role.”

“Good. I appreciate your willingness to take on the new role. I grant you immortality, powers to influence, direct, and force the other immortals to follow your edicts, full knowledge of every action the immortals take, and the ability to change the rules of immortality to better serve mortals.

“Seeing that, in their eyes, I have underlined your points, I am confident that you won’t have any pushback against your rule, but you should be able to handle it.”

“Alzar, it’s your show now. When we return, I hope to find Pandius better run than when I left.”

And with that, the old one leaves.

Alzar has taken over as Immortal Leader. He issues two immediate changes.

1). All immortals who violate the “Direct Interference rule” will be punished, and on the third strike, they will lose their immortality permanently, and be unable to regain it.

2). All immortals lose all levels and that system is removed. (They level up as mortals and gain more experience). It removes their focus from the people they serve. All immortals have the same level of power, and thus, in order to rise in rank in their sphere, like become leader, they most be voted in by their membership.

The Kingdom of the Mighty will fall to his daughters, as he saw in the future in his various immortality quests for Time. They are not old enough to rule yet, but they will be well positioned for success. They will be advised by everyone from Finnister McAlister to Barkal the Red, and the various dwarves and elves of the realm will send their advisers to assist as well.

They will rule the realm together, each taking part of the Kingdom, one the justice system, rules and laws, and the other throwing herself out there to end issues and problems that arise. One the building and the other the fighter.

Alzar’s power is not tied to anything like mortal worshippers, so there are no temples to Alzar (save for Evenarrow). No clerics to Alzar, nothing.

There are threats to immortality and Pandius from without. Great plane-splitting events and monsters that come about that Alzar leads the immortals and their allies against. Alzar has an incursion from Baba Yaga he puts down as well.

He also has friends within immortals. He plays games with Noumena, and Vix is here, and they continue to life as husband and wife (like many others, such as Petra and Halav or Ixion and Valerias). Randall joins soon, surprised to see the changes to immortality after he does. There are others.

But one person gains immortality in a few decades Alzar wasn’t expecting. Shellsnapper, the first phanaton immortal.

Alzar also emphasizes the securing of more immortals for non-combat or adventurers. There are not enough artists and such. So he pushes the immortals to find and create paths for non-combatants. How can someone be in the Sphere of Thought without being an Epic Hero? Shouldn’t there be room for a great painter? The same is true for others.

Great philosophers and artists are joining the pantheon of immortals.

Pandius blossoms under the guidance of mortal-friendly immortals. Alzar refuses to allow the immortals to forget the lessons of the war. Alphaks was the first, and so far only, immortal to be stripped of immortality under Alzar’s rule. Only a few entropic immortals, and one energy, have tested the rules and been given one strike. None have two.

And that, my children, is the story of how King Alzar the Mighty, Lord of Wood and Fire, went from the evil son of an evil mayor on the plane of Thorasia to the most powerful immortal on Pandius. He once ruled us here in Evenarrow so long ago, and we built a great statue and temple to his name, even though he did not grant any magic, because he was truly one of us, and the world became a better place. It is a tale told by bards and artists to show just how important each mortal is, and what we can do.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-24-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote